Stepping-stone for young, international photography talent
The BredaPhoto International Talent Program (ITP) is a European platform of Art Academies and the BredaPhoto Festival. Its aim is to scout and develop emerging photography talent in Europe. Over the past years, the ITP has proved itself to be an important component of the biennial BredaPhoto Festival program. It provides a stepping-stone for talented young photographers by giving them the opportunity to exhibit their work together with internationally renowned names in the world of photography. We are proud of our long-term partnerships with Art Academies in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic and – as of this year – Finland.
In 2019 – 2020 approximately 300 students, teachers and curators of ten European Art Academies start working on new projects, hoping to be selected as one of the 13 ‘New Photographers’ presented at the BredaPhoto Festival 2020. The festival takes place from September 9 to October 25, 2020 in the city of Breda in the Netherlands.
The ITP gives students and young professionals the opportunity to:
- Exhibit at one of the leading photography festivals in Europe
- Meet and socialize with professionals, opinion leaders and influencers in the world of international photography, such as independent curators, publishers, gallery owners and editors
- Gain experience working in an intercultural environment and learn how to cope with similarities and differences through the shared passion for photography
- Learn from portfolio reviews by renowned professionals in the world of photography
- Exhibit portfolio to professionals as well as to the general public and get their feedback
- Experience one of the largest and most fun Photo Festivals in Europe where young talent is key
International Talent Program (ITP) 2019 – 2020
BredaPhoto focuses on young talent. The ITP 2019 – 2020 has four program components:
1. The Academy
2. The Residency
3. The BredaPhoto Festival Opening Week
4. The Support Program